We have had a busy busy week! Along with Christmas and digging out the 12+ inches of snow from our driveway, we have been doing house renovations. Here is our new front landing. The tiles were cracked so we pulled them up and put new ones down. They were the peel and stick ones and I did most of them. I think I did a pretty good job.
The shower drain downstairs was leaking so Aaron hammered out some of the cement floor and put a need drain in. He then put up new plastic walls and new tile. I think it looks pretty great! I love that Aaron is really handy. He can fix about anything.On Monday, I had to go in and get my thyroid taken care of. I had to take a radioactive pill that will kill off the nodule and my thyroid. Because of the type of radioactive stuff, I couldn't be around people for 3 days. I still can't have close prolonged contact with my kids. So, I decided to paint our basement. I could not stand the mustard and chocolate colored walls. We had to clean out everything from the basement anyways because we were getting new carpet padding down because of the flood from last spring.
Here are my new walls. It looks so much nicer. You can't tell from the pictures but it is a lot brighter also. The boys love the new carpet padding. As the guy was finishing up Dallin came down and said," Oh so squishy. Nice job!" It was funny. It only took three coats of paint to cover up the chocolate color.
Now everything is back in it's place. I hope these are the last of the home improvements for awhile.
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






3 comments:
Looks fabulous! Maybe I need to hire you guys to finish our remodeling. You work much faster than we do. I hope all is well with your thyroid now. Let us know.
These renovations look GREAT. You both are very handy. I like how you rearranged the down stairs.
JOsh
It looks great, good job!!!
Post a Comment