Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Wonderland???

Monday morning we woke up to about 3 inches of snow. Nothing bad, but Aaron and I were up shoveling our extra long drive way (about 5 car lengths long) at 6:30 am. Let me just say that I am not a morning person. Tuesday morning we had another 2 inches, so we were up again. Aaron likes to shovel the snow before we drive all over it, and we knew that we were going to get about 6 more inches during the day, so we were trying to stay on top of things. It snowed and snowed and snowed during the day. The kids actually had the day off. That night we were all out shoveling again. By then we had about 6 more inches. Total for the snow storm was officially 8.2. The kids had Wednesday off also because we were in for blizzard conditions, winds up to 40 mph. Aaron also had no school on Wednesday. Now University's do not close. Ever. Aaron was suppose to have 2 of his 10 finals Wednesday which he now gets to take Friday. After cleaning the driveway 3 times in 2 days this is what we woke up to on Wednesday morning. Keep in mind that we had already shoveled about 11 inches total since Monday. The driveway was totally clean when we went to bed.
This is my driveway. If you look to the left you can see the ridge of snow that we made shoveling the night before. That is the edge of our driveway.
Here is a look when I turn around. I am standing at the front of my house. See the nice little drift of snow that the wind made. It is about 18 inches deep.

This is from the back of my house. See the street way in the back ground.
Here is a picture of my boot in the snow. It is almost up to my knee. Now I must say that I was so tired of shoveling snow and frustrated that I started to cry a little. I really didn't want to shovel all that snow again. Luckily, one of our neighbors had a snow blower and helped us out. I use to have a garage door opener named Cameron and now his name is Wayne Dalton. I think I need to get a new snow remover named Honda instead of Angie.

Here is a little picture just showing all of the snow.

We were running out of places to throw all the snow. We just kept piling it up on the fence. Now at least the dogs cant see us. The one that bit Cameron is still gone.
Here is the final picture of all our hard work. Look at all that snow. I cant remember that last time I have seen this much snow. So today is Thursday. The kids are still not in school. Most of the residential streets had not been plowed last night and because of the wind chill, school was canceled again. We are going CRAZY! I am not sure how we are going to handle winter break. I wish we could go outside, but it is -17 with the wind.

3 comments:

Camille English said...

Holy Cow! Winter is here. I'm usually ready for it to be over once the first snow lingers for a week or so we haven't gotten that here yet.... We have been in the single digits for a week now.

Whitney said...

WOW, Angie, that sucks.

Sara K. said...

WOW! We would be closed down for weeks if that much snow hit the DC Metro area! Boo to shoveling! That does seem why you have teenage boys around!!!