I have lived in brand new houses, slightly older homes and really, really old homes. After all the of renovations we had done to this really, really old home and the ones in progress, I have decided that I like new houses better. We always seem to have something that needs fixed or painted in this house. This winter break we are fixing a few things in the hopes that we will need to sell our house soon. We don't know what or where we will be going this May but we need to be ready.
Aaron has decided that he needs to break up the cement floor in his shower and fix the drain. He is also putting up new walls. Here is a picture of his work in progress. Looks like fun, doesn't it. I know you all envy us.
We also needed to fix the landing at our front door. There was tile, but a few were cracked. As we started taking up the cracked tile we just decided that replacing the sub floor needed to be done. We are just going to put down the peel and stick tiles.
We have also decided to take care of my thyroid on the 28th. Aaron will be home so he can take care of the kids. I am going to paint the basement. It needs to be done and I can't be around people, so it is the perfect time. Right now it is dark brown and mustard yellow. Pictures to come.
What are you doing for your Christmas break?
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






2 comments:
Looks like fun! How are you holding up? What did I do with my Christmas break? I think I am spending most of it in the car. I took a road trip with my family to come see both my brother and his family and my sister and her family in California. I hope not to travel much once we get back to Omaha!
Mom told us that your thyroid went well. Home improvement and major medical stuff. You are a trooper. Your kids are adorable. Glad that you are doing so well.
Post a Comment