Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Did I mention that I am not a dog fan?

Both of our neighbors have dogs. I don't mind dogs. Our one neighbor has a BIG dog. They got him right after we moved in. He was just a puppy and loved to watch my kids run around the yard. He would get excited and eventually figured out how to jump the fence. Once over the fence the two little boys would start running away, well the dog thought they were playing and he would chase after them and knock them over. I could tell that he was only playing and was not trying to hurt them. After having to chase him home every day, the neighbor starting keeping him in the house or on a leash.

Our other neighbor is a different story. They moved in about one month ago. They use to live in the country. They have two medium size dogs who hate being fenced in. Every single time we would walk out our back door one of the dogs would attack the fence with a vengeance. He was not trying to be nice. I could tell this dog wanted to hurt us if he could. Two ladies lived there, a daughter and her very elderly mother.

Monday when I got home both of the mean dogs were out. The little old lady was trying to get them back but there was no way it was going to happen. I had to chase the really mean dog out of my driveway while I was swinging my purse at it. He would not back off. I got the little kids in the house and called animal control. I knew the lady would not be able to get the dogs. I asked if I could call her daughter for her but she didn't know where she worked or the phone number. Animal control told me that it would be a few hours because every one was out for other calls. Now I had groceries in my car, so Cameron was bringing them in for me. Cameron headed out the back door to the car and the mean dog came up behind him and bit him. Yes, bit him. Cameron was walking away from it. He did nothing to the dog. I then called animal control back and told them that my son had now been bit. That got them moving and they sent someone right out. The dog was not licensed and the little old lady had no idea what was going on or anything about the dog. She could not even remember the dogs name. Animal control took the dog away for a mandatory 10 day hold because he bit someone while on the loose. I am hoping that they will not pay the $100+ to get him back. It has been so quiet now that he is gone. Luckily, the bite was not serious. Two small marks and some bruising but it could have been much worse. The daughter was very worried and did feel really bad. I am just glad that the dog is gone and Cameron was not seriously hurt.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yikes!!!! I'm glad Cameron is okay. Did the dog at least have his rabies vaccination?

Camille English said...

Scary! My girls love dogs and I'm afraid of that ever happening.

Bonnie said...

Angie-that is so scary! I am glad that Cameron wasn't hurt anymore than he was. I get way scared when dogs are around my kids!

Tiffani said...

Dogs are unpredictable. Corbin got bit by a dog being playful but it was right under is chin - close to his neck. He ended up in ER that day.