I am glad that Halloween is over. It was a long week of getting every one's costume finished. I wasn't going to buy anyone a costume this year, we have a box full of them, but I ended up making one for everyone. I even made the bags. I am glad that I can do this for my kids. They all loved their costumes.My three trick or treaters. Cameron is now too old to go and Rowyn is too young so the middle 3 and I headed out. This was the first year we went through our neighborhood. Wow! were there a lot of kids out. Most of our neighbors had their yards decorated and were sitting out waiting of little ones. Our neighborhood isn't one of the best, but it was nice seeing everyone out and enjoying the night. We handed out over 100+ pieces of candy and ran out. There were still kids going around for about another hour after we ran out.
There is all of my hard work, the kids and the costumes. This is at our ward trunk or treat, which we had inside because it was too darn cold friday night.
Cameron as the Grim Reaper. He is now too old to go trick or treating but he asked if I would still make him a costume. I didn't know if I was going to have enough time to get his done but I am glad that I did. He was really happy. He helped hand out candy halloween night.
Super Lincoln! We already had the cape, we just needed the outfit. I think this one turned out great. It is made out of a blue sweat suit and felt. I sewed the yellow belt right onto the shirt. I knew that it needed the red boots, so I took his snow boots and put a plastic bag over them and then wrapped them in red duck tape. They make all colors of duct tape now. The red boots just made the outfit complete. He didn't want the red underwear though.
Noah was the easiest. He wanted to be a vampire. We already had a black outfit, I made him a cape to go with it. We spray painted his hair black. He looks really different with black hair. Notice his fangs. He bugged me for a full week to make sure I made it to the store to get them.
Tinker bell and Peter Pan.
Ahhh, felt has become my friend when making costumes. I found a website that shows how to make things. She had this Peter Pan outfit and a Tinker Bell and I couldn't resist. I made the belt, knife and hat out of felt. The shirt is fleece. Thank goodness for a loving husband that is will to help me out. He made a pattern for the hat.
And finally, our Tinker Blelle ( that is how she says it). She loved it. Every time I had her try it on she would say, "My tinker blelle!" I made all of it, even the green body suit. She really liked handing out candy to the people who came to our door. At first she seemed confused as to why everyone kept coming to our house but she soon figured it out and had a great time putting candy in the bags.
It was a lot of work, but my hard work payed off. Halloween was a blast. We will see what happens next year.
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






9 comments:
So fun!! Rowan is the cutest little Tinker Bell!
You are AMAZING! I am definitely coming to you next year. So good! All of your kids looked great!!
LOVE the costumes! Great job!
Good job! They all look great
I thought Dallin was the cutest little Pete Pan on Halloween, and Rowyn's costume is amazing.
Spooktacular work! They look great!
Way to go, Ange! I love the Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, I'm a big fan of trying to have them coordinate and be cute. There are only so many years for that, right? Good job doing ALL the costumes and bags!
Good call on the red underwear, always thought that made superman look a little creepy. I love the duct tape boots, very creative!
Those costumes are im-press-ive! I have very fond memories of the costumes my mother made for me, and I'm sure your kids will too.
Post a Comment