Last night at about 2:30 in the morning, I woke up to the sound of the tornado sirens. We usually hear them on a Saturday morning when there is nothing going on, as a practice. I turned on the TV and sure enough, there was an actual tornado warning in our area. I was a little surprised. I woke Aaron up and convinced him that we needed to go and get the kids and bring them downstairs. I was a little panicked by then. You always hear about how people only had 10 minutes before the tornado hit. Well, the tornado did not hit our area but one did touch down in West Omaha about 20-30 minutes from my house. I heard that there was a tree upside down in one house.
We did not get a tornado but we sure did get A LOT of rain. In fact, we have gotten a ton of rain in the last week. Thanks to all of the rain, our basement flooded. Noah found some water in front of the dryer this morning. There was a good inch of water in the laundry room. As we started looking around we kept finding more water along the edge of the house. By the end of the morning we had water all along the perimeter of the house in the basement. We had to use a shop vac to keep the water at bay in the laundry room. It was coming in at a good trickle. The carpet all along the walls was squishy and wet. We ended up ripping up most of the pad under the carpet and we are drying out the carpet. It feels like we shampooed our carpet.
All of the furniture is in the middle of the rooms. Nothing was damaged. A lot of stuff got stuck upstairs or in the garage. The kids have no room to play. Poor Rowyn just figured out yesterday how to crawl on her hands and knees, and we can't put her down. Luckily we have really, really good friends that took care of us. Susan let us come over for lunch and Rowyn got to crawl. She kept my kids while I went home to help Aaron. When I got home there were two guys from our church there helping with 3 more on the way. Our friends Teri, Angie and Bonnie fed us dinner and let us hang out most of the evening. I can't say enough about our friends here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Please keep us in your prayers and let Heavenly Father know that we don't need anymore rain.
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






4 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!! Hope you're out of that mess! I've heard the midwest is getting pounded with rain, can you believe Omaha rain? It's not always like that but even just the normal summer "shower" is like flash flood warning rain in Idaho.
Boise is great so far, need some ideas of fun cheap stuff to do with my kids!
I am so sorry you basement flooded. I hope it is coming back together now. That was a crazy storm for sure.
Scary! You know how I feel about those scary tornadoes from my previous post. Glad that you are all well. -S
Post a Comment