Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oh, for the love of nature!!

Aaron and the boys had Tuesday off (really the boys had a half day so we just kept them home) so we decided to take a day trip to the Desoto Wildlife Refuge. I am surprise at how nature can bring out such melodious sounds from my boys. Not even 10 minutes into the nature hike, I hear their lovely voices ringing out...

I don't want to walk any more.

Are we almost there?

I am hungry.

I'm thirsty.

This is boring. We haven't seen anything.

My legs hurt.

Will you carry me?

MOOOOOM! Can we go back now!!

I'm tired.

AHH, it brings music to may ears and makes me want to take them out again. Dallin even started crying and running and then he fell. Aaron and I were laughing so hard, I almost peed my pants. When he got up he had dirt and leaves in his mouth. I took this picture right after.
Despite all of the complaints, we did have a good time. Dallin liked that he could hide in the very tall grass.
Rowyn just wanted to get out and walk.

Man, is she cute or what!
First, we had her in the backpack, but we decided to be nice and let her use he very little legs. It was a toss up between her and Lincoln on who had the best time. I think Lincoln won out in the end because Rowyn got tired and a little whiny towards the end.
Most of the water was frozen. Frozen water + boys +rocks = fun. This walkway went out across the water. Cameron even stood on some of the ice to see if it would hold him. Luckily, it did. I wish I would had gotten a picture of when he hit some ice with his foot to see how thick it was and it did break and got his shoe all wet. More good laughs provided to me by my boys.
Noah didn't want his picture taken, but we are mean parents and they don't get to choose. This is Aaron helping me get his picture. I love the smile on Aaron's face in this picture. Ahh, pure joy when it comes to torturing our children.
This is Cameron being bored. Yes, we didn't see much, but he was impressed with the few things we did see. Mostly all of the ducks and how they were walking on the ice.



2 comments:

Edwards trio said...

What fun. You guys always do such good things. I love it.

IdahoGirls said...

Sounds like things that could be said in our house when we try to explore the great outdoors! Last year we took the kids out to cut our own tree down the day after Thanksgiving... this year Taylor says to me, "Mom, can we just put up the fake tree. It is too cold to go get our own." Auggghhh good times... Who encouraged them to speak anyways???

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

April