Tuesday, April 28, 2009

3 of the 4

You all know that I have 4 boys. Boys are crazy. The 4th boy in a row is even crazier. Dallin is my daredevil. He thinks he can do EVERYTHING that his brothers do. He started climbing BEFORE he could walk. He would crawl over to the table and climb up the chair onto the table top. He is just one HUGH ball of energy.

Today it all caught up with him. We were at the store and Rowyn was in the seat of the cart strapped in. Dallin usually walks with me, but he is constantly climbing in and out of the cart. He does it ALL of the time. I have not been able to stop it and he is really quick. He can be out of the cart, I will turn my back for just a few seconds and he will be in the cart by the time I turn around. Today he was sitting in the cart eating fruit snacks. He wanted to share with his friend that was with us. Of course, my back was turned and the next thing I know he is crying on the ground. I think he got his foot caught on the way out and basically tripped himself while climbing out. I just knew when I saw him on the ground that he had broken it. In fact, I thought about staying home today because I just knew something was going to go wrong. Luckily it is not a bad break. Just a little buckle fracture.
Waiting for the x-ray. Once he had gotten some Ibuprofen and some ice, he was feeling better and ready to go home. So was Rowyn.

They didn't really cast it. They put it in a splint and wrapped it so it can still swell a little. We have to go and see our doctor next week. He is out of town.

It is one big a## cast. It goes from his elbow past his fingers. He is my 3rd boy to break his arm. Now I am just waiting for Lincoln to do it. He is pretty timid so I think it might be awhile. I am surprised it took Dallin this long. I don't know what to do with the boy. He was out climbing the tree and fence this evening. He can't play with WII or the computer. I am glad that it is getting warm so we can be outside but how do you stop a boy from being a boy?

8 comments:

Camille English said...

I bet while you were sitting there at the hospital you were like 'this will be a good one for the Blog'. I do it too. Oh I hope my girls act girly and stay on the ground. Brianna looks like she's going to be a bit of a problem in that area.

Teri said...

Since you cant stop them from climbing you just need to invest in some heavey doses of CALCIUM, if he isn't going to be careful, the least you could do is build up those bones so they don't break...that is the best I got for you..sorry not much help.

Edwards trio said...

That stinks..poor little dallin!

TheTaffs said...

A big A## cast. Let me guess....hmmm... a big air cast. They are pretty remarkable, just put it on and blow it up. I saw one on a recent skiing commercial that had a guy with a big air cast on his leg. How cool! Medical advancements are amazing.

He is trying to be like his old man. In order to get there, he just needs to fall down again so he breaks his other arm. Then he needs to try to climb up on a bunk bed with both casts on so he can fall down and get fluid under his knee caps requiring him to be pushed around in a wheel chair. That would put him in rank to at least equal to his pops.

Tyra ;)

TheTaffs said...

ok, ok, I admit, it was me and not Tyra. I didn't want to take the hit in case I sounded like a dumb air.

Josh

IdahoGirls said...

Poor little guy! He looks pretty cute with his cast though. I hope it heals quickly.


Hang in there!

April

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

Wow 3 out of 4. Those are some pretty amazing stats. You are definately the right Mom for four boys.

Sara K. said...

He did get a great cast out of it! -S