We had a great Christmas Eve. We started out the day with a great sledding adventure. We had about two snow falls and a nice ice storm that left over an inch of ice on things. We went sledding at Rosenblatt Baseball stadium. Cameron, Noah, Aaron and Dallin all headed to the top of the hill. There are two tiers on the hill and most of it was covered with ice. Aaron sent Dallin down on his stomach, head first. I really thought he was going to crash. He made it down safely but was done for the rest of the day and ended up in the van. I think it scared him. Noah went next. He came flying down and hit the first tier and literally went about 6 feet into the air. While in the air, he lost his sled and twisted a few times and landed on his face and sled the rest of the way down the hill. I am such a bad mom. I was laughing so hard that I started crying and almost peed my pants. Luckily Noah was just fine. Really cold and wet but fine. He ended up the van also. Lincoln was just walking around and slipped on the ice and got a bloody nose. He went to the van too. Rowyn was already there. Aaron, Cameron and I had loads of fun sledding. Everyone eventually came out of the car to join in on the fun. The pictures are from Aaron's phone. They aren't the greatest but you can see the hill and the tiers.


That night we went to our friend's house. We just hung out with goods friends who were here without family. Friends are your family when you live so far away from your real family. When we got home, the kids opened up their Christmas pj's. They all looked so cute in them. We then read the story of Christmas from the scriptures. After that we put out cookies for Santa and reindeer food in the front yard and went to bed. Here are pictures of the kids in all their glory. Each one is so cute with their own personalities.Pictures of Christmas to come next and the new Cameron.
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






4 comments:
Your sledding story is hilarious. I am still in the process of arranging my blog I will have you on there soon.Poor Jake had to have his circumcision just like Sam. Our pediatrician said he's never seen a case like theirs just read about it and the urologist said it was the tightest foreskin she's ever seen. The surgery was longer and a lot more stitches. Hopefully they'll forget about the pain. Very cute PJ pictures. I am cheap and go buy the Christmas clearance so we have New years PJ's.
From the sounds of that hill, I think I would have been in the van too! It sounded like quite a sight to see. Happy New Year!
April
Wow! That is quite the sledding adventure. I don't think my kids would've lasted long either. I am like you though and would have found the whole thing hilarious. I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas.
Looks like great fun!!! With all the snow we just came from we had the opportunity for sledding with all of my cousins...but it was too cold and wet for me! I LOVE the Christmas pjs! They are super great! -S
Post a Comment