Saturday, January 17, 2009

For Jen and Tyra: Quilts

I really miss my best friend Jennifer. We use to do soo many fun crafts together. I remember living in Virginia with her and we would call each other up and say, " I found this new craft to try. Let's go out and get the stuff and figure it out." I really miss that. Over the summer while we were at her house, she showed me how to make these quick and simple quilts. You quilt it as you sew it together. I sounds really complicated but it is not once you see it. I finally finished the two I started at her house. For those of you who quilt, hence the tile Jen and Tyra, don't look too closely. I got really impatient and wanted them finished and didn't want to hand stitch the binding so I broke the quilting rule and used my machine. I like how they turned out though. I don't know who this one is for. I just really liked the monkeys.



This one is for Rowyn. I really liked the backing material. I have three more quilts in the works. I would love to show you the material but two are for my good friends who are having babes. (this means you Sabry)



8 comments:

Mama Yo said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been missing you too and we must have known, because I just did that monkey quilt yesterday for my neighbor! :) Great minds and all......

Edwards trio said...

I'm so excitied. I love all the colors in both of them. Rowyn's is so soft and pretty and the other one is bold and fun..good selection! I'll be your crafting buddy since your other one is so far away! =)

Whitney said...

they are both beautiful, Angie! I need to get Trevor's cut so I can start a new quilt!
PS, I hate hand stitching the binding and use fancy stitches so they look nice =)

Brenda said...

These are gorgeous.

jody said...

love the different widths of the strips. do you have directions or a pattern or do you just go for it? I want to try one!

Teri said...

way cute, it looks like a ton of work though, I will just admire yours.

The Laing Gang said...

I know that you said that your not a perfectionist on your other post, but these quilts are amazing! I don't have the patients to even pick out the material let alone cut, sew, bind. They are beautiful, you have an awesome talent!