Monday, August 9, 2010

More summer fun

Our best friends the Wise's just left after being here for a week. We had lots of fun with them. We now only live 6 hours from each other. It's not the closest we have ever lived to one another, we can't beat across the street, but it is better then 15 hours! Aaron and Bryan had fun biking all over. The kids had fun hiking.

Jen and I had fun crafting. We finished 3.5 projects in a weeks time. This is a table runner we made in one day. We found this great book called Fast and Furious, quilt as you go.


We also made this bag in one day. It was from the book. It turned out a lot bigger then we thought it would but it is so cute!

Our first project was this blanket called The princess and the pea. I still need to put a back on it, but it was my first attempt at applique. I also need to give her a face. It turned out pretty good.

The strips of fabric our the mattresses.
While we were sewing along my machine broke. I have been having problems with it and I am very annoyed, so only one person could sew at a time. I took advantage of my time off and finished this crochet blanket that I had been working on. I still need to add the edging. I just loved the colors together. I might even keep this one for myself.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

totally cute, Ang! I love that princess blanket!

becca said...

i love the that princess blanket. I need to learn how to applique. I can't believe you did all that in a week. what were all the 5 plus kids doing during this time??