Sunday, March 1, 2009

What we have been up to

I had been a while since my last post. It is amazing how life can get in the way and pass us by very quickly. Rowyn is now 17 months. That means that next month she can go to nursery at church. I can't believe that she a year and a half old. Aaron will be done with this school year at the end of April and then he will be a senior. One year left.

Rowyn is getting older and more independent. Her hair is finally growing. We can do this now. This was my very first try. We are getting better and she is learning to sit still. I let her suck on the squirt bottle while I do it. It at least keeps her still though she still turns her head a lot.


Here is a look back at how much her hair has grown. She is one year old in this picture.
I started this poncho when she was born. I forgot about it and finished it last night. She wore it to church today. We can even flip her hair out with the flat iron.



She can now feed herself with a spoon. She has been using a fork for awhile now and finally figured out the spoon. She makes a HUGH mess but she won't eat any other way now, meaning she won't let Aaron or I help her.
One of her favorite things is to carry around a box of cereal that her brothers leave on the table. She will carry it around all morning munching on it.
This is what happens when she dumps it out. She tries to help clean up but her way of cleaning is just moving her hand around like she is pushing it together but really just makes a bigger mess.
This is Dallin dancing. He has got some sweet moves.
Don't be alarmed by these pictures. Cameron's scout troop was asked to take part in a moulage.
Moulage is the art of applying mock injuries for the purpose of training emergency response personal and other medical and military personnel. Cameron was suppose to be in shock. He had a great time and would like to do it again.

Noah is getting ready for the 3rd grade musical. He tried out for prisoner #4 and he got the part. He has two speaking lines on his own and 2 with all the other prisoners. He is really excited.

Lincoln is just being Lincoln. He loves school and has grown about a foot, ok maybe I am exaggerating but he is getting really tall.

7 comments:

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

18 months what a mile stone. You will get to go to class all by yourself. I got to enjoy that for about 6 months, now I am back in primary, but it's okay. I love it. your other kids are growin up fast too. One more year of dental school, I bet you are so excited. I am excited for you. Congratulations for making it this far.

Brenda said...

I know what you mean. Life has been crazy for us too lately. I am glad you’re having so much fun with your little girl. She is so cute. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I wouldn't mind having one of my own. Good luck keeping up with everything.

jody said...

i'm jealous that Rowyn's hair is so long!! it looks so cute. Amelia's is starting to grow, but it's curly just like Claire's.
I can't wait for Amelia to be 18 months. I need a nap after church every week because i'm chasing her around all 3 hours. i'm afraid she's going to be the mean kid in nursery that takes the other kid's toys away, though.

IdahoGirls said...

They all look great Ang! I can hardly believe your baby is almost 18 mo. old!!! Her hair is growing like mad. I love all my girls' hair but some days I can't wait until they can/want to take care of it themselves. Tell Aaron congrats on another year almost under his belt - amazing how fast it has gone (for me at least)!!!

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

I don't think that girl can get any cuter. I'm glad everyone is well and happy.

Jen said...

I love the poncho that you made for Rowyn. It is so cute. I am glad to hear that you are all doing well.

Unknown said...

I can not believe that is your little Rowyn! Wow her hair is SO long! How cute is she!?! Adorable!