Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Create

To go along with my previous post, I found this message from one of the Apostles from my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I love Elder Uchtdorf. I love to listen to his voice. I love to hear his stories about growing up in Germany. I think he adds a little something wonderful to the twelve apostles.

Whether you believe in the LDS faith or not, I think we all need to remember that we have something wonderful inside of us. We all are sons and daughters of God and because of that, we each have been given talents and unique abilities specially designed for us by Him. Sometimes I think our biggest critic is ourselves. I know that I am harder on myself then I need to be. We need to remember that if Heavenly Father thinks we have limitless potential, then we should think that same way.

I am not asking you to comment on my previous post and try and make something for other people. I just think we need to take some time each day and find the talents within and maybe use them to brighten someones day. Even if you are not of my faith, I urge you to watch this video clip and think about your potential as a son or daughter of God.

5 comments:

Camille English said...

you figured it out, I saw this one too and played it in relief society on Sunday as music appreciatin I love it!

IdahoGirls said...

Thanks for this post Ang. I like what you are saying about God giving us all gifts, and I am reading a book about that right now called Crazy Love. Thanks for sharing this post,

April

Edwards trio said...

That was great!

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

I loved it Angie. Thanks for sharing. I have always admired you for your creativity. It's a great talent. Sometimes we forget that things like that are gifts from God. Thanks again for sharing.

Brenda said...

We had this lesson today in Relief Society. All I could think about was you. I am always telling people that I am not creative. But after reading your post and the lesson I guess I better think again. To bad you don't live closer so you could teach me how to do all of your wonderful creative projects.