Thursday, February 7, 2008

Husband tag



I have been reading a bunch of blogs with husband tags and I thought I would give it a go. Where else can I talk about my handsome hubby!

What is his name? Aaron Cameron (which worked out great because I always wanted to name my first son Cameron)
How long have you been together? We have been married for 12 years, 13 this June
How long did you date? We met in November . I went on a trip with him and his brother to Utah over Christmas break and we were engaged on Feb.12 so 3 months. When you know, you know.
How old is he? 35
Who eats more? Hands down, it goes to Aaron. He comes from a family that never threw away food and so he cleans his plate and the boys plates. He also eats all of the leftovers.
Who said "I love you" first? That was too long ago to remember. I will say that Aaron was fresh off his mission when we met. He told me that he was not going to kiss a girl unless he knew that he wanted to marry her. When we got back from our trip to Utah he kissed me, so I guess that means he kind of said it first.
Who is taller? He is, by at least a head when I have my shoes off.
Who is smarter? He is by A LOT. He has a degree in chemical engineering, a MBA and is now in dental school and he can do math in his head. I still use my fingers.
Who does the laundry? I do, all twenty billon loads of it because of the five kids.
Who sleeps on the right side? Which side is the right side? If you are standing at the bottom of the bed, I sleep on the right. Aaron says that we both sleep right in the middle.
Who mows the lawn? He does.
Who cooks dinner? I do and he cleans up. He says that I don't load the dishwasher right, so he gets to do it. He will even empty it and reload it when I try to help.
Who drives? He does. He is the worst backset driver.
Who is more stubborn? Aaron
Who kissed who first? Aaron kissed me first.
Who asked who out first? Aaron asked me out first. He saw me at church and thought I was hot(his words exactly). My number wasn't in the directory so he had to ask around. He always had creative dates planned.
Who proposed? Aaron propesed to me. We had just gotten home from a FHE activity where we were playing pudding pictionary. We actually ended up having a pudding fight. We were talking and the spirit told him to ask me to marry him. We had not talked about marriage so he tired to ignore the prompting. The spirit told him again and he knew that he needed to follow the spirit and so he got down right then and asked me. I was shocked to say the least, but of course I said yes.
Who has more friends? After 12 years of marriage and moving a ton of times, we have the same friends. I still have some from high school. He still has some from his mission. We have freinds from college, our time in the Navy, and our time in Boise.
Who is more sensitive? I am so much more sensitive then Aaron. He only gets emotional when we have kids.
Who has more siblings? It is a tie. I have 5 and Aaron has 5.
Who wears the pants? Pants? What pants? Aaron says, we both wear pants but only one of us wears a dress. Really we wear the pants together. We have always made decisions together.

I tag anyone who wants to share about their husband.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It really is fun to read about other people's past stories. What an engagement story. wow...way to listen and follow. Cute post!

Mandee said...

13 years!!!! We are barely going on 8!All I can say is...what is pudding pictionary?

Sara K. said...

This was fun to read...since I was there for some of the beginnings...not physically there - but in the same town...

This is a great post! I am considering adding such a post to our blog. S

Whitney said...

thanks Angie, I didnt know a lot of your stories either. It's nice to have these to get to know each other better!!!

IdahoGirls said...

Very cute and very funny. I have similar answers about Tim (he and Aaron have some similar traits - back seat driving)!!!