Ok, blogger is being dumb and not showing me the pictures after they are uploaded. I know that they are there but I can't write next to them. I also don't have spellchecker. I think some our my settings got mixed up but I don't know how to fix that. So here is our post about Thanksgiving.
We went to Independence Missouri to see Aaron's grandparents and his Dad. We had a great time with family but we are thankful that we got home in one piece. We should have know better when we woke up Wednesday morning and there was snow on the ground. We made it to Independence just fine but my next clue that the next few days were going to go down hill was that my camera was low on battery life and with this camera it means dead. They only picutre I got was the one with Rowyn on the hotel bed (see below).
Ok so we check into the hotel and head out to his Grandma's house. It is around 7 pm so it is dark out. We are cruising along, talking away at each other and listening to some movie the kids are watching and BANG! I say, "did we just pop a tire?" and Aaron replies with, "I think we popped all of them." Luckily there was a nice spot on the side of the road to pull far enough off the road and we only popped one tire. There was about a 2 inch gash in the side of our tire. Aaron was able to change it in no time flat and we were off again, but now we had to find a place to buy a new tire before we headed home on Friday. Friday morning we were able to get it fixed at National Tire and Battery. Honda puts really weird tire sizes on their cars and they were the only place that had our tire in stock. See below to see the foreign matter they found inside our tire.
Now I am thinking that nothing else can go wrong, but that was a premature thought. So we go to our hotel after eating just to give everyone in the small house a break from our boys. Boys will be boys, and they start to wrestle and play in the sheets from the bed. The next thing I see is blood on the sheets and Lincoln is crying. He had fallen off of the bed and hit his head on the corner of the night stand. The cut is not big enough or deep enough for stiches so we run to Walmart, good old Walmart open on Thanksgiving, and get some stuff to fit his head. (see below for the picture of his head)
Ok so now I am really thinking that we are done with bad things happening and we will just go to bed and get up in the morning and fix the tire and head home. Not so. Dallin ended up having a really croupy cough which kept Aaron and I up most of the night. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep that night.
That is the end of our tale. We did get to see his family (I did manage to take a picture of Rowyn and his grandpa with my camera) and I was able to have a good teaching moment with the kids about prayer. We had said a prayer before we left on the road. While Aaron was changing the tire Cameron said to me in a shocked kind of voice, "and we even said a prayer." I said, "Paryer does not stop bad things from happening but when they do happen, the Lord will look after us. We could have popped the tire, swirved into the other lane and hit a car and crashed, but we didn't. We were able to pull off of the road and fit it."
We are thankful for our families and we that we are close to Aaron's family right now. We hope that everyone else had a wonderful, uneventful Thanksgiving.
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






6 comments:
Wow what an adventure! It sounds like an unforgettable Thanksgiving! Your boys are getting so big, and owe that little girl is a cutie!!!!
our biggest "event" was that the pumpkin pie didn't turn out!! i guess i can't complain! i'm glad you made it home safe.
Sheesh! Talk about a crazy adventure. Like April said...unforgettable, right? Our event was that the dinner was quite late (7:30) instead of the 3:30 that we had shot for...not even close to your adventures! -S
wow! glad you made it home safe! wish us luck on friday, we're going back to seattle.
"Prayer does not stop bad things from happening but when they do happen, the Lord will look after us."
Thank you Angie. You can't begin to understand how those simple words are hitting me.
what a great family story. gotta love vacations. wish you guys lived OUT HERE still and we could do it together! ;)
Post a Comment