Sunday, September 9, 2007

First Day of School

OK, I can finally post the pictures from the first day of school! School started on Aug. 23 here and since that day, I could not find my camera. After many prayers and numerous searches through the house and car, I finally found it today in my car in an obvious yet hard to see place. I believe the only reason I found it today, Sunday, is because we went to stake conference. We normally skip out on stake conference day. I have a hard enough time trying to keep the boys reverent during sacrament meeting. I do not look forward to 2 hours of struggle, but today we made the choice to go and tough it out. I thought to myself, if I go, I will be blessed. And blessed I was, because I found my camera in my car that I had searched 4 times before and the camera was found right by Lincoln's seat which I look at every time we get in the car! He does put his own seat belt on, so I don't always look at his seat that long, but I do look to make sure he has it on right.

Anyways, here are first day of school pictures. Everyone had to have their picture taken even though the little ones did not get to stay at school. Noah is in the 2nd grade and Cameron is a 5th grader. Dallin is 2 and Lincoln is 3.




Here is a little bit about our school. We live in Council Bluffs Iowa but are not in the Council Bluffs school district. We are in the Lewis Central district and they do things a little different. They only have 4 schools total. Kreft is the primary elementary school which houses PreK-1st grade. Titian Hill is the intermediate elementary school which houses 2-5. Then there is the middle school for 6-8 and the High school. Titian Hill elementary schools has about 9 classes for each grade which puts about 900 students in the school. It reminds me of a Jr. High school. Every kids gets a locker to keep their bags and things in. The hall ways have street signs so you don't get lost. Here is Noah's locker and him at his desk. He wasn't really excited about school the first day because he thinks school is boring.


Here is Cameron at his desk. He was not really thrilled to have his mom following him around and taking his picture. I was determined to get his picture because next year he will be in middle school and I will not be able to take him to class the first day of school. How they grow up fast.
Well, there is our first day. I hope all the moms out there had great first days also. I enjoy having my kids in public school but each day I drop them off, I have a tinge of guilt. I would love to know what they do while they are at school and wonder if they have friends and enjoy it, but I don't have the patience to home school. So, each day, I kiss them goodbye, regret that I can't be with them all day and then give thanks that I only have two at home.


2 comments:

Whitney said...

very cute, ang!!! you're boys are so amazing, i have a few friends that homeschool and i'm torn between getting a break and wanted them always. we'll just have to see what happens

Sara K. said...

I love that yous didn't care about 5th grade coolness and got the pictures! Someday he'll love it! First days of school are always hard. I hope the routine is settling in and getting easier each day! Hugs to you all! -S

How are YOU feeling? When is your due date?