Here in Council Bluffs they have a fun, FREE activity for the kids. It is called a Hydrant Party. it is put on by the Parks and Recreation, the water department, the fire department and a store called Hyvee. Every tuesday and thrusday at different places around the city, the fire department sets up these two sprinklers that were made out of pvc pipe. They hook it up to a fire hydrant and let the kids go wild. There is one that gets tons of pressure for the big kids and a little one for the little kids. I didn't take Dallin because he was asleep. The boys had a blast and did I mention that it was FREE.Lincoln didn't know what to think at first. I don't think he liked it getting in his face. We never did convince him to go through the big one. He did have fun. Towards the end, he tried jumping on the hose to change the water flow, but he was not heavy enough to make a difference.
Noah is not a big sprinkler fan. It took awhile for him to want to join in. Once he saw how much fun he could have, he started enjoying it.
Cameron loved every bit of it. He was in and out of the sprinkler the whole time we were there. He could go inside the big one and sit down and not have water hitting him. I think that he could also walk through and not have it hit in his eyes because of where the water crossed.
Oh yeah, they also hand out Popsicles. FREE Popsicles. Every kid got about three each. I think Lincoln liked that the best!
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






5 comments:
That is a good way to beat the midwest heat and much cheaper than the pools in council bluffs. Some days I wish we lived right next door to you so Mady could always be able to hang out with her cousins and do fun things like this with them. I hope you post the pictures of the yard. Aaron said you and the boys cleared out a bunch of the bushes.
By the way-Noah needs to eat more popsicles,his ribs are showing. Fatten that little boy up.
Josh
Hey Lady! I am so thrilled to discover that you are out on the blogosphere!!! Yay! The blog looks great! I love that the kids are out enjoying the hydrant party. I would have been a little iffy about it as a kid...that water flying in your face...so I understand where the boys are coming from.
We do tend to a lot of posts on our blog. That may change when I am more busy next semester. I did start out not knowing so much about blogging, but I am definitely getter smarter about it since we've been blogging now. Shawn does help me when it comes to writing html code (that DOES NOT make sense to me). I have become somewhat of a blog advisor to some of our friends (April and Patty), so if you have a question, feel free to email me! :) I hope you are well. I am very thrilled to connect to you though this blog! -S
Angie!!! This is great. I am glad you posted on my blog I had your blog and then lost it somewhere. It looks like you are having a fun time over there!! I can't wait to see pics of your house and yardwork that you mentioned. And the new babe here soon!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment