Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Temples Announced


Yesterday during General Conference for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 3 new temples were announced to be built in areas close to my heart.

First, Meridian, Idaho, right near my home town. The saints there must be really busy with a temple already in their midst. With this new temple, the Lord is asking more of them but I know they are up to the work.

Second, The Fort Collins, Colorado temple just a mere 45 minutes to an hour from me. I am so excited for this temple. Not only can I know attend during the day while my kids are at school (and the help of some great friends), Aaron and I will be able to attend together more regularly

Our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, promised us today that when we attend the temple we will find peace, be renewed and be fortified. Temples helps us know that life beyond the grave is as real as life here on earth. Faced with the chance of losing my sister to cancer makes this statement more real to me then ever before. I know that if I qualify and stay worthy to attend the temple, I will see my loved ones again some day.

0 comments: