Friday, April 22, 2011

Moab Day 2 Delicate Arch

On Day 2, we were headed off to see the Delicate Arch (you can see it off in the distance). This arch is pictured on Utah's license plates. It is a 3 mile round trip all up hill on slick rock.


Ahhh Snow Capped Mountains again.
This is the last part of the hike but you don't know it if you haven't been there before. I was a little nervous because it is a narrow ledge with a good drop off. If you are afraid of heights (C and me a little) your stomach starts to flip a little. Once you get around the corner, this is what you see...
it looks like an amphitheater or a giant bowl. You can walk out to the arch by walking to the left around the bowl. C wasn't sure he wanted to go and The Pres stayed with me.
but Big D and N were more then willing to walk out there with Dad (C went with them). The spent a good time exploring all around. It made me really nervous and my stomach wouldn't stop doing flips.
There we all are. It was really worth the hike up hill to see this glorious structure. How can you not look at this and the snowy mountains and not glory at the wonders that our Heavenly Father gave us to enjoy? I love all of their individual expressions. Don't they look like they are having a blast!
Just some pictures of the kiddos. They were great sports and pretty exhausted by the end of each day. The girly loved it because he daddy carried her most of the time.
This boy amazes me. He is a teenager now and I expect him to not enjoy family things. You know how we all were as teenagers. He loved the whole trip. In fact, he was the one who convinced us to spend the next morning going on the one hike that we missed. He is excited to go back.
N and Big D probably had the most fun. They love to climb and big and be adventurous. They both have no fear.
Brotherly love. These are the moments that parents love to see.

next post: Into the Fiery Furnace.

3 comments:

Suzette said...

This looks like a lot of fun, a great bonding experience as a family! Exept I think I would vomit because I am super afraid of heights!

Thanks for putting my blog button on your blog! :)

Sara K. said...

These are simply beautiful pictures. Ang - you look great! And can Cameron really be that old?!?!?! How old does that make us??? I know - don't even tell me how old and grown up Choir Baby happens to be!

TheTaffs said...

Angie- Thanks for posting more picks. This looks like a really fun trip to take with the kids. I'm putting in on our list of place to go once the boys get a little older. I think it is great that Cameron has a good time hanging out with his younger siblings and the family. -Josh