I am finally finishing out trip to Moab. It was only 3 months ago, so I am not that far behind. They last hike we went on was into the Fiery Furnace. It gets that name from the way it looks not the heat. There are no trails and you can't go in there without a guide or a permit. There are not marked paths so you have to follow stream beds or stay on the rocks. Heading into the Fiery Furnace
Climbing down some rocks in a stream bed that we found and started to follow.
I think Noah loved this hike the best because he has no fear and really enjoys trying to find his way over, around or through. I just love this picture.
At one point we had to squeeze through little openings between rocks. The kids thought this was great fun. I think that is Link trying to get through.
That's Big D
This is Noah.
And here is Aaron squeezing his way through a very small opening with the girly on his back. It was a tight fit.
High canyon walls
Coming down a rock fin.
Me and the girl making our way out. We were wondering around in the furnace for about 1 hour. We didn't really want to hike for another hour to get out but we were trying to do what the rangers said and stay off the unmarked areas. As we were getting ready to follow our stream back out we saw some people just ahead of us. We walked that way and what do you know, we were right back at the beginning. There is a stinking path to follow. It must be the one the rangers use when they take a group in. Oh well, the boys had so much fun climbing over everything. It was worth the hour. The End.
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






1 comments:
https://www.cekaja.com/info/12-serangga-paling-berbahaya
Post a Comment