Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Birthday catch up

So I am playing birthday catch up. Dallin's 4th birthday was back in May. Dallin is my little ball of energy. I just can seem to keep up with him. Everyone comments on how much he moves around and all of the energy he has. He is also my cutie pie. He just has a very handsome look, especially with his blue eyes. Today we were at the dentist and they were getting a kick out of him and how he can't sit still. One thing is for sure, Dallin is good for a laugh.
Dallin at just 1 week old. He was my biggest baby at 8lbs. 10oz.! Still to this day it makes me cringe. He was a whole pound bigger then the other boys. I remember asking the nurse to reweigh him because it didn't sound right. He is still a little short but solid. He always had good hair.

His 1st birthday at Grandma Debbie's in Boise before we left for dental school. I remember the purple frosting turned every one's mouth purple.
His 2nd birthday in Pocatello our first year in dental school. We had a little party with just our family. It was a dog theme. That was his cake. It was a dog bowl with coco puffs cereal to look like dog food.
His 3rd birthday in Council Bluffs, our 2nd year in dental school. Next are a few pictures of him being cute.





I didn't forget his birthday this year, we just didn't have a party. Aaron and I have started taking the kids out to dinner by themselves for their birthdays. Just some quiet time with mom and dad on their own. Then we take them to the store and let them pick out their gift. So much easier on me. I will still try to have parties along the way but sometimes I just don't have the time. I didn't make him a cake, which really bothered me, so I made him one while I was making Cameron's cake. (more to come on his birthday). He loved it! and he didn't care that it was a month late. We are not big cake eaters at our house, so I have started making little 6in round personal cakes. It works out great.

Even though this sweet, rowdy, lovable little boy keeps me hopping, I love him to pieces. Just the other day he tried to swing Tarzan on the blind sting and pulled it our of the window. I can't help but laugh. I think Heavenly Father didn't know what to do with some left over energy and he didn't want to hang on to it, so he gave it all to Dallin. Or, he just wanted to help Aaron and I learn patience.

2 comments:

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

What a big boy! You are awesome to have made him a cake anyway!

Sara K. said...

I love the little cake idea! So clever! -S