Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catching up on Cameron

It has been a busy few weeks around here. I have lots to catch up on. Back in June, Cameron turned 12. Yes, I said 12. I can't believe I have a preteen, though he acts like a teenager already. He is always falling asleep, no matter where he is and he has an attitude ALL of the time. We were at Walmart and he sat down while I was looking at something and he fell asleep. I can't remember what happened in this picture, but Aaron said something to him and I caught his look on camera.



Cameron LOVED his cake. It is a yellow cake, I didn't have chocolate, with chocolate frosting, lined with kit kats and topped with peanut butter cups. I think he only shared about 1/4 of it with his brothers. Enjoy this picture of him smiling because I don't get a smile on him much often.

Now to scout camp. Since Cameron is now 12, he got to go to scout camp for a week. I was not thrilled with the idea sending my first born out to camp for a week, especially here in humid, nasty hot Nebraska. I cried pretty hard the night he left. It was a really hard week. For one, it was nasty, nasty, humid hot here with no wind and no break at night. With the heat index, it felt like 120. I wouldn't go outside because I didn't want to know how hot is was knowing that Cameron was getting no relief.

Tuesday I got a call from the scout leader. Cameron was pretty home sick and hot but I knew he could make it to Friday. I put off talking to him until Wednesday because I didn't want him to be even more homesick. We went letters, and a box with a personal fan. Well, he made it to Friday. We got to take the kids up to parents night to pick him up. He was hot and very tired but he made it and I made it. He got merit badges in canoe, archery, metal work and woodworking. I was really proud of him.
This is his best "I am tired of camp, it is hot and I want to go home, walking in my sleep" look.
We were talking pictures with Aaron's phone so they don't look very good.
The camp was in Cedar Bluffs, Nebraska near the Platte river.
The little miss running free and enjoying pizza. See how sweaty she is. It was hot.
The little boys were looking forward to seeing Cameron's camp all week. They were so excited and were free to run around. Boys and dirt always go together.
Inside the tent and outside. He was packed and waiting for us to take him home.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Ah 12, that is my favorite age to teach! They do get a bit grumbly with the rents, but a teacher can still be cool! :) Hard to believe your little baby is so big! -S

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

Can you believe we have 12 year olds? I actually like 12. A bit grumpy at times but very capable at helping.