I have always loved looking at fabric. I would buy but never had an idea what to do with it. I can't really read a pattern for clothes. I have started quilting more. I can follow patterns for quilting. I also enjoy looking at a quilt and figuring out how to make it. There is one problem with making quilt tops, I don't know how to finish them. I don't have a machine that quilts. I know a friend that quilts by hand, but I am too scared to try it. I don't want to ruin the quilt top. I really think I need help because I have about 4 other quilts that I want to make but don't know how to finish. This is one that I saw online.
Any ideas on how to solve my problem?
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






5 comments:
super cute quilts! You should give hand quilting a try..it's not hard just time consuming or maybe you can get together with joe, she's got a quilting machine. The tops are beautiful though
I think my mom knows how to quilt! And we're even coming up next Friday so...
The tops you have are so pretty. Maybe when we come in a month I should bring my machine and then we can send the kids off with the dads and we can just quilt. Hmmm.
Your quilts are fabulous, I love them! You should try machine quilting. Just go to OK Sewing and get the open toe darning foot with the spring. Lower your feed dogs and just practice on a table runner or baby blanket or scraps with batting in between. You'll find your groove, then try one of your quilts. You can do it, it's really fun once you get past the learning curve!
They looks so lovely! -S
Post a Comment