Thursday, August 28, 2008

When did summer end???

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES

I am not sure where the summer went. We have been so busy all summer long. First, our house flooded twice, then Aaron's mom died, then we were on "vacation" for one month, and then my sister got cancer. I was not ready for school. It does not seem like my kids should be going to school. I have decided that if I am not mentally prepared, then it is harder for it to seem real to me. All of my boys were planned and I was ready to have a baby. Rowyn was a pleasant surprise, and I am still a little surprised that I have a baby. Anyways, I was not mentally prepared for school this year. I usually cry and fret but it doesn't even seem like they should be gone. All went smoothly and now my days are nice and quiet with only two, yes, two at home.
Cameron and Noah started on the 20th and Lincoln started on the 27th.

First day of school morning pictures. It was a little early. Like I said, we were not prepared. We did not start getting up early before school started.


Rowyn is a morning person like her father and older brother. She always has a smile in the morning. I usually find her yelling with glee in her bed which I think wakes up Lincoln and Dallin.

Dallin was a still a little tired.
Lincoln wanted to sleep at the table.



Lincoln's first day of school. He has gotten into how his hair looks. He will tell us that his hair is not right and he will fix it just right. He needed to comb his hair.
He was soooo excited. This is his excited face.
Here he is at school showing how he can write his name. He has been doing his "homework" to get ready for this day. Lincoln is in all day pre-k. He will be 5 in November, but misses kindergarten because of his late birthday. Some people may say "all day preschool??" I only did it because Lincoln was ready for it. He went half day last year and loved it.

Noah's first day. Noah is now going to school my himself. Cameron is is middle school. Sporting his school pride!

Great new backpack from Uncle Ben.

Finding his desk and getting ready for the day. I must say Noah has had a great first week at school. He does not like change and large groups. He prefers to be by himself. He can have a rough few weeks at the beginning of school but he has done great. I love it when you see your kids grow and mature in things that has caused problems.

Like I said, Cameron is now in middle school (6th-8th). I am not thrilled with middle school. I do not think that 6th graders should be at school with 8th graders, but what can you do. He was so excited and nervous. We got to go to the school a few days before school start to find his locker and classrooms. Everything is in the same hall. I was so nervous. He had a great day and told me ALL about it, which is not a normal thing for Cameron to do. I enjoy him getting older and being able to talk to him in a grown up way.

I like to walk them to their classrooms the first day of school but with it being middle school and Cameron getting older, and me being embarrassing and with school starting at 7:30, Aaron took him to school on his way to school. This picture will have to do. This picture makes me a little teary. It says," I am not a baby anymore. I am all grown up and have to face the world on my own. Wish me luck."

So our days are quiet now. I think Dallin is enjoying the quiet time with mom, Rowyn and the computers. He had the run of the house and could do anything without a brother pushing him or yelling at him. It was so nice until they all came home.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Reading about your kids growing up made me tear up. I dread the day that I have to send Isha off to school, but I'm with you, it is so great to see them growing and learing new stuff.
Enjoy the peace and quiet!!

Mandee said...

Madelyn's first day of school was yesterday and like you I wasn't prepared. I thought I was but then got teary eyed as I drove off leaving my baby girl behind. It still makes me sad!

Jenn and Tyler said...

Ready or not huh?! Your kids all looked great for school! I'm sure the weather is still wonderful and beautiful there. Here we're already experiencing fall. Augh, one more thing I don't like about Idaho and love about Omaha. Oh well. I'm homesick (for Omaha). Oh, BTW I'm not forgetting you're a native of Boise and just so you know I do like Boise, it has a lot more to offer than I had originaly thought. It's hard though, to attach yourself to a place when it's so temporary.

IdahoGirls said...

Wow! Pretty exciting. I understand your concerns about the middle school concept, but I will just add my two cents worth on this (as a former 8th grade teacher in a middle school) the 9th graders being with the high school is a good thing. That 9th year counts a great deal on your high school transcripts, and when they are still in a junior high they don't always get this and apply themselves like they should. But I also understand where you are coming from and I am betting he will do great there this year!!

Thinking of you guys and hoping the new routine is going as well still.

A

Sara K. said...

I have been feeling the same way about school this year. Not so great for the teacher! I have barely finished unpacking my classroom and here with come the fresh-scrubbed 4th graders. Oh boy! It is hard to believe that your kids are growing so much! How can Cameron be in middle school? It seems just like yesterday that he was in diapers? I hope the year continues to go well! And have fun being a mom of 2 from 8:30-3:30! :) -S