This is my sweet baby sister and her 17 month old daughter Rylie. Whitney is 24 years old.
Trevor is her VERY energetic almost 3 year old.This picture is a few years old. Whitney is pregnant with Trevor. She has been married to Ryan for 5 years. Ryan is in the navy and was recently deployed to Iraq aboard a surface ship.
Five days ago, my little sister was just a 24 year old wife and mother of 2 beautiful babies.
Today she has incurable, stage4 colon cancer.
It has been a rough few days. I am still in shock. 24 year olds do not get colon cancer. She has been in pain for a while but everyone thought she had endrometrious. She had an ultrasound about 6 weeks ago and there was no sign of colon cancer. She started bloating so her doctor sent her for a CT scan last Friday. The was a cyst on her right ovary and blockage in her colon. They told her that they needed to take out her right ovary and tube and find out what the blockage was. She went into surgery on Sunday. I don't think anyone was thinking it would be advanced colon cancer. The cancer had taken over her right ovary and tube and the blockage was cancer. Today she got the horrible news. Because of her age and the fact that they got all of the cancer, they are not sure of her survival rate, but statistically she only has two years.
How do you come to terms with the fact that your little sister may only have two years left? The only thing I know to do is turn to my Heavenly Father. I believe in the power of prayer. I believe in a Heavenly Father who hears our prayers and answers them. I believe He knows me and my sister and will not leave us in our time of need. He will lift us up and carry us through this time of trail. I know that my prayers that she will be healed my not be answered. She may need to be taken back to our Heavenly Father, but I believe He will answer may prayers for strength to understand the loss. I believe that families are forever. I also believe in miracles. For now, my prayers are for her to be healed and have a long life here on the earth. I ask all of my friends to keep her and her family in their prayers. She is going to need all the help she can get.
to keep up with Whitney's story, check out her blog. Her link is in my friends and family under Whitney and Ryan.
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






14 comments:
That was really sweet of you Angie. My family is prayer for her and her family everyday. I'm so sorry that something like this had to affect your family. What a tough thing to go through. Heavenly Father knows what he's doing, even if we don't. Hang in there! She will too.
Cindy Correa (aka Wolters)
Thank you Angie, that was very touching. I'm sorry to be the cause of such pain now but we will fight, Heavenly Father will be with us and help all of us along. I love you.
Whitney and Ryan
Angie I am so sorry. It seems like when we're tested we're really tested! I will keep you in my prayers and also your sister.
Angie I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add a link to this post on my blog To keep her in everyones prayers. It is so sweet what you've said and I am bawling here. I can't believe this is happening and you all are in our prayers let me know if I can do ANYTHING. Love you!
Angie,
I can't even imagine what your family must be going through. We will keep Whitney in our prayers and I will tell my whole small group so that they can also pray for her. We have had lots of healing and miracles happen among our friends so we will all include your sister in our prayers.
Jen Oberoi
Angie-
Whitney will be at the top of my prayer list. Wish I could hug you...so count this as my e-hug. Ang told me this morning and it is so shocking. I can't imagine. All my love, Sara
My heart aches for your family now Ang. It really does not seem possible I am sure. The power of prayer is huge! I will pray for you all during this time I promise you that.
Always
April
Wow, it is amazing how all of the sudden the little things don't matter anymore, when faced with a trial such as this. Your sister and entire family will be in our prayers.
I'm at a loss for words...
Wow, faith is so important. It's really what we have to rely on, especially in times like this. My heart goes out to you all.
Angie and family,
When I first read this post, I was at such a loss of words. I still am. You and your family will be in our prayers as you all fight this disease.
Blessings,
Angela J.
Wow, I wish there was something I could do to help or something that I could say that would help. I do know that Heavenly Father answers prayers and can and still does perform miracles here on the earth. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Love,
Sharon
Angie, I am so so sorry to hear this. I know so many young people right now battling cancer. It makes you wonder Why?? But, She seems like a fighter if she is anything like you- Good luck to your family and her.
Aaron and Angie,
Stan just informed us of this at Ian & Eric's baptisim last Saturday. Being a Tanner I still hear about the Fullers every now and then... Especially when I have a mechanical (Brakes) issue I just can't figure out. That's when Stan comes in handy. It has been close to 17 years since I last saw Whitney. She & your family will be in our prayers.
Best regards,
Travis Tanner and Family
travisdtanner@yahoo.com
Post a Comment