Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What's for dinner?

With it being April Fool's, I decided to play a little joke on the kids. This is what their plates looked like for dinner. Can you tell what we're having?

The bewildered faces of the kids.


The cupcakes where actually meatloaf with colored mashed potatoes as frosting. The bag of french fries were bread sticks. The red stuff was just colored applesauce. And to top it off, a cup of dirt with worms, or crushed oreos and chocolate pudding. The boys thought it was fun. Cameron kept telling me that I didn't fool him, but I know he liked it.

11 comments:

Whitney said...

i love this idea! i should do it for Ryan when he gets back!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, you are awesome! I think that Cameron needs to re-think you being embarrassing and more that you are a totally fun mom!! What a great idea for dinner! I love it!

The English's said...

I made my blog layout myself. There is an instruction link on my site it looks confusing but if you just do it step by step it's easy.

IdahoGirls said...

Very creative. I don't think I could have gotten past the green mashed potatoes to actually eat them. Very creative. Impressive too for a mother of 5 - you put me to shame. The ears look adorable - although she would look cute in paper bag she is such a doll. You look great too btw!

Sara K. said...

How fun!!! What a clever idea! -S

Mandee said...

You are the greatest mom! I would have never thought to come up with something like that!

The English's said...

I accidently deleted your email address and wanted to know if you would make a sticker for me. Email me and I'll send you th picture. Thanks camille_kendal@hotmail.com

Bonnie said...

What a cute idea!! You are way too fun! Rowyn looks so cute with her little ears pierced.

TheTaffs said...

Another fun day at the Taff Cafeteria! I love your meal trays. Maybe when the kids are all in school, you can actually work at their school's cafeteria and make it a much friendlier and entertaining place. That would really make Cameron's day. He would probably rather starve thru lunch than have his mom smile at him as he passes thru the lunch line. Actually-scrap that idea. Cameron it too skinny to be missing lunch.

Jenn and Tyler said...

Where did you come up with these ideas? I love it! My favorite was the cupcake. That is seriously genious Angie. Good job!

angie said...

you really need to stop being so creative...it makes the rest of us look bad!!! i should try something like this next year...my girls would love it.