Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cake, Cake, Cake and More Cake!

About a month ago, the young women of our ward had a cake auction to raise money for girls camp this summer. I made a chocolate round cake with chocolate frosting. Then I lined the cake with kit kat candy bars to make it look like a basket. To top it off, i filled the top of the "basket" with mini peanut butter cups. My cake went for the most money. Anyways, I digress, there was a cake that looked like a dragon. It even had wings. My boys really wanted that cake but I didn't have enough to buy it. The lady who made it is a good friend of mine. I told her the boys really wanted it and so she invited them over to make there own dragon cakes. The boys did not have school today and so we went over to make cakes. We had a great time frosting and decorating their cakes. Each boy did their own thing.
Noah and his finished dragon. He lined it all with orange candies.


Cameron and his chocolate chip covered dragon.

Dallin and his marshmallow dragon. He started decorating it by himself without any direction.

Lincoln carefully lined his dragon with chocolate chips. He didn't want to frost the feet.

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a cute idea. I'm sure that they had a blast decorating their own dragon cake!

Sara K. said...

How fun!!! :) What a nice treat! -S

TheTaffs said...

I think you guys need to open a Taff Family Bakery now out of your house to pay Aaron's tuition! What a cool cake and I am SO impressed with the boys' decorating talents.