Saturday, November 13, 2010

First (and not the last) Snow

At last the snow finally fell here in Laramie. People kept telling us that it usually snows by Halloween. I am thankful that it waited until November. Being over 7000 ft. elevation, I am curious as to have much snow we will get this winter. I am also thankful for a shorter driveway. Our house in Iowa had a driveway that was at least 3 cars long. I am also thankful for slave labor. 4 boys + 4 snow shovels = happiness for mom.
The snow was the heavy wet kind and by the end of the school day, it was pretty slick. The Pres. was the first one to fall.


Walmart had little shovels just the right size for BigD and the Pres.

Our pinked out snow bunny.
Once all the shoveling was done, it was off to sled down the hill in the backyard. It is sooo nice to have a hill just the right size in the back yard. Hours of entertainment without the huge mountain to climb right outside the door.

The little missy liked to lay down and slide.
N is a great big brother.
Everyone needs a hill in there backyard just for winter fun.

1 comments:

Suzi said...

A boys dream playland. Sledding and snow forts make snow much more enjoyable for them than it does for us! Miss you guys.