I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the 4th. We went to Independence,MO.to the Taff family reunion. We went last year a few days after we moved into our new home. I can't believe that we have been here for one year. Wow! I have to say that it went really fast. I hope the next two years go just as fast. Any hoo, just some pictures of the kids having fun.The gathering was held at Great Grandma and Grandpa Taff's house. They have a little swing set but the kids had lots of fun on it.
Lincoln was moving pretty fast on this thing.
Here is our little miss all dressed for the 4th.
Cameron and his "cousins" (they are the kids of Aaron's cousins) spent a lot of time looking for these little frogs.
Dallin didn't find any frogs but he did find this caterpillar by himself. He carried it around for quite awhile. I don't think the caterpillar liked it much. I thought it was dead but he kept moving. i just love his face!
After hanging out at the house, we went to Aaron's' cousin's house for fireworks. We had stopped on our way down and bought a much of stuff that the kids could light themselves. We only had one accident. Lincoln was holding a sparkler and it had burned down to the end. He said to me that it was hot and then preceded to touch it. He burnt his thumb just a little bit.
The roman candles were the favorite of all the boys. Lincoln and Dallin really liked them.
We had a great time with Aaron's family. We are grateful that we live so close now. We wish that we could live close to all of our family members. I am thankful for our freedoms. I am really thankful for the men and women who choose to serve our county to keep us free. Mostly, I am thankful for my kids and my husband. Every day is trying and wonderful. They all keep me on my toes. Let's just say that life is never boring at our house.
Hiking Badger Mountain and a Happy Anniversary
5 years ago






5 comments:
Looks like great fun! I love family reunions! And what a perfect location (at least in name) to celebrate the 4th. -S
I love that pic of Dallen also, my heck he is a good lookin kid!
(Plus he has great taste in friends!!)
Looks like fun. The roman candles - I am jealous those are not allowed around here!! Happy Belated 4th!! I hear you are coming to Idaho soon and we may get to see you. Hope so!!!
April
Great pictures and what a good mom you are...you know with the frogs and the catapillars I would have been freaking out!
Hey, what a good time! Now you're back to having more fun with the school break right? Are you in Boise? I bet it's a little frustrating being in school again but don't wish away your Omaha time! I miss it soooo much! Go to the zoo every chance you can! And when you go take pics to post on your blog so I can see them! What are you doing for your break? Anything crazy fun? Just relaxing and hanging out? Miss those breaks to! It's an adjustment but Boise is a good town to adjust in.
Post a Comment