Wednesday, August 26, 2009

And then there was one

School out here started on Aug. 20th. I always have mixed feelings about school starting. This year I actually thought it started too soon. I guess our summer just went by really fast. I didn't even have time to blog about it. Aaron's brother Josh and his family visited the end of June. Our best friends the Wise's came also. Then we headed off to visit everyone in Utah and Idaho. Once we got back, we started getting ready for school. Even though I am a pro at sending kids off to school, I still get a little teary eyed. I want to be with my kids and know what they are doing, learning, who they are playing with. I don't like not knowing.

Here are some pictures of the kids before the first day of school. The little miss had to be just like everyone else and put on her backpack. She loves Dora. We actually use this as her diaper bag. She also thinks she can do things by herself. All I hear now is "I do it!!". She picked out her own clothes and shoes this morning. She loves her fancy boats.


So the big guy is now in the 7th grade! I know, you all feel old now just like me. I don't have the greatest memory, but I can remember back when I was in 7th grade. So many changes. He is not thrilled about going to school. He thinks it is boring. This is the picture I got from him.
this is the "lets try again with a smile now."
This is the best picture I can get now that he wont let me walk him in. He didn't even want me to take this picture. When I pulled out the camera he told me to put it away. Why do they have to grow up?!
This sweetie is now in 4th grade. He is a little excited and a little nervous. He is trying new things and venturing out on his own. He didn't want me to walk him to his class either. I was a little sad but it worked out great because I had to run to the next school.
These pictures make me sad.
The Pres. is now in KINDERGARTEN! I can't believe it. He was really excited about his backpack and wanted a picture of it.
This one was taken in the car. I asked him for his most excited look. He is such a sweetie.
They are all getting too independent. He only wanted me to walk him to his classroom the first day. the next day he told me he could do it himself and he didn't need me.
This one was the hardest. Big D is now in Preschool. Hence the title to this post. Only the little miss is now home with me during the day. Big D is in all day, every day preschool. I know some of you don't think that is right. That it is to much but he is so ready. He wants to be just like his brothers and is tired of getting left out. He is so bored at home with out them. They all started before he did. The first 5 days of school without his brothers home was hard. He kept asking to go and pick them up. I do have guilt about it but how can you say no that that face.
Waiting in line hoping it doesn't start raining again.
After I dropped him off, I was a little teary. One of the mothers asked me if it was my first. I kind of laughed when I had to admit that he was my fourth to start school.

Big D loved school! He couldn't stop talking about it. I don't know what I am going to do with myself and the little miss. I should have big plans but really I don't. I might clean out all of the clutter that happens when you have 5 kids. But then again, I might just sit and enjoy the quiet.

7 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I can't believe that your kids are getting so big. I still picture them coming to my house for piano - They looks so much older. They are so cute - I love the pics.

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

Alex started school at 4 all day because that's how it is in England. I felt a little guilty like should be protesting and having him go half day, but he loved it and was ready. It turned out to be a good thing because the twins were born that year. It was crazy, but his schedule was stable. Mine start on Monday, I'm like you. I like knowing where they are. When they are at school so much is unknown.

IdahoGirls said...

Wow I thought having my kids in school all day was going to make for a quiet house - I can't imagine going from 5 to 1! Enjoy that "girl" time with your little Miss - it won't be long and she will be leaving too! Sigh... Aubrey goes all day this year so I will have both in school all day!! Sigh... Cameron's picture about the 1st day of school sums up all our attitudes around here about it starting up (don't tell anyone I am a teacher i could get in trouble with that kind of attitude - tee hee)!!!

Unknown said...

They all look so cute, especially Rowyn in her backpack! have fun with just 1! She will love the attention!

Sara K. said...

Wow! They grow up so quickly! I like that all of the schools have lockers. Very cool. -S

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

I love your back to school posts. So cute. I think what you do when all of the kids are at school is pretty much the same as when they were home minus the yelling, but we don't yell, right? Actually I am starting a little part time job for the dental assisting program. Little as in 6 hours a week. I hope you enjoy your quieter days.

Patricia said...

I love this post. I hope they all have good school years. You have a seventh grader! Wow.