Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The hills are alive with the sound of music

Here is a better picture of the view from our back porch. The mountains in the back ground were our destination for today. They are about 40 min. from our house. They are called the Snowy Range Mountains. Take note: today is July 19. Laramie is 7500 ft. elevation



This is what we found at the top of the mountain. Snow!! The Snowy Range is 10,800 ft. elevation. We walked about 2 miles, mostly uphill. I think our final elevation was around 12,000ft.
As we walked in the only thought I had was to sing songs from the Sound of Music. Ok, ok, I know that they are not the Swiss Alps but man! close enough.


I had one word come to mind as we came upon this lake, Breathtaking.
There is still snow and ice floating in the water.

Snack time


There were a bunch of lakes up in the mountains. The water was really cold. I couldn't get enough of the lakes and clouds together. It was all truly amazing, makes you not question the existence of our Heavenly Father.
Rowyn was working so hard that she fell asleep. What a stud of a husband I have. He carries her on all the hikes. That is about 30 extra pounds.

6 comments:

TheTaffs said...

Oh wow. That is BEAUTIFUL! Keep up with posts like this and you may just entice us to Laramie! Just mention any time it gets above 75 degrees and we may get Josh to jump on board:)!

Camille English said...

Wow you live in such a gorgeous place! I can't wait until at least two of my four kids can follow direction and be a little more self sufficient so we can take family hikes and me not want to cry afterwards.

Tiffani said...

That is breath taking! I hope you are enjoying your new Wyoming life! Paul is from Casper.

IdahoGirls said...

Awesome I am glad you are getting to know my old home state! There is a lot to love there. Great pics and I love the one of your babe sleeping on her daddy!

Suzi said...

Oh My!! Those pictures are awesome. It looks so gorgeous there... but we miss you HERE.

Edwards trio said...

How beautiful! What a fun family adventure!